Selling a Myrtle Beach Home can sometimes be difficult, so I thought I would share a few tips on how to make your house an “Exceptional Buy.” Hopefully these tips will help sell your Myrtle Beach home quicker and closer to the listing price.
1. Price home correctly. Price is definitely king when it comes to selling your Myrtle Beach home. With a strong inventory of homes on the market, you need to be priced correctly in order to sell a home quickly. For example, if you have a 2 bedroom condominium for sale in a building where there are 25 other units just like yours, why would someone pay $50,000 more for yours?
2. Make the outside of your home special. First impressions are so imperative. If you saw these two properties listed for sale for the same price, which would you want to see?
3. Make your home like new. Since there is a large inventory of homes available, buyers are not as interested in fixer upper homes right now unless the home is listed at an incredible price. Instead, they want a home that looks like new and is in move-in condition. Carpet & paint allowances are no longer as effective as they once were. Instead, having all the work done ahead of time is becoming more profitable. If you offer an allowance, the buyers will want the allowance as well as take the amount to replace/repair the property off their asking price.
4. Everyday when you leave your home, leave it as though today is the day my house sells! You never know when a buyer may show up that wants to see your home. If they are only in town for that day, it is so crucial that buyers are able to see your home in its best state. Here are a few pointers for the inside:
- Make sure all the beds are made.
- Fold and put away all laundry.
- Place all dirty dishes into the dishwasher.
- Clean up the childrens toys.
- Wipe down the mirrors in the bathrooms after brushing teeth.
- Clean the toothpaste out of the sink.
5. Never turn down a showing!!! Just because you don’t get a chance to do one of the things above, or you are busy with something else, don’t turn down a showing. If you didnt make the bed that morning, IT IS OK! The buyer can look past that when purchasing the house. It is always better to allow the buyer to see a house that is not totally perfect than to turn away a showing. if nobody sees the house, it’s almost impossible to sell your Myrtle Beach Home.
6. List with an agent that can sell your house. The agent you choose to sell your home has become increasingly more important. You want an agent that is familiar with the area, that aggressively markets, and has a strong internet presence. Some of the newer stats show that more that around 90% of buyers now search the internet before even contacting a REALTOR! Make sure to chose an agent that understands online market, is familiar with social media, and uses it regularly in their marketing plan.
7. Offer to pay towards buyers closing costs. With the tightening of money around The United States, any type of assistance a buyer can receive will make the property listing look more appealing to them. Make sure though before offering a certain amount that you will be within the regulations that most mortgage programs will allow.
For more information on how to get your Myrtle Beach home sold faster and closer to listing price, feel free to contact me for more tips and learn how my extensive marketing plan can take your home from being listed to being sold in Myrtle Beach.