Video is quickly becoming a more and more popular way of connecting with the public. It is something that is quick to get your point across, keeps the audiences attention, and attracts readers easier.
So, with more and more people entering into video, the importance of doing it right is so important. Here are a few tips to increase your success with video.
1. Reduce background noise as much as possible. If you are in a noisy area you may not be able to get your points across because your audience will be distracted by other sounds.
2. Use a tripod! It will help steady your picture so you don't give your audience motion sickness.
3. Don't rush! Take your time when scanning a property so that people can soak in all the details of what you are trying to share with them. Plus if you go too quickly it will make the video jerky and possibly give them nausea
4. Make sure things are lit properly. If your area where you are shooting your video is too dark or too light, it will not give the people the effect you are trying for. The great benefit of video is you can make your audience feel like they are right there in the same room.
5. Use music that goes with your theme. Music helps people to relate to things and helps to give them better memory of a certain thing.
Here are two videos. The first is a video I made in a hurry yesterday to show a rental property to my brother who is moving from Austin, TX back to Myrtle Beach, SC. I made this video in a matter of 5 minutes and spent about 2 minutes doing editing. You will notice that I did not do any of the five things listed above. My guess is that anyone who would watch this video would be turned off in no time.
Wasn't that video rather boring? Now, this second video was produced by someone at my church for our church to show visitors about all of the different ministries that our church offers. The 5 keys above were used to the fullest extent and the final result was an awesome video that keeps your attention from the beginning to the end. If you watch closely, you will even find me show up a few times throughout the video participating in the many ministries I am involved in. Hope everyone enjoys!
I hope these tips help everyone improve their videos and help capture a greater audience with their great works!
I am the Co-Founder of 210 Consulting- Social Media Advisors. I have traveled the country as a social media speaker. If you would like more information on any of the topics discussed in this blog, please contact me directly. We specialize in social media training, online consulting, and the creation of your own custom WordPress site.
Feel free to subscribe to my blog to keep up to date with my latest posts of tips & tricks to enhance your experience on ActiveRain. If you would like, you can sign up to receive updates via email directly in your inbox.
Also, let's connect on these great social networks: